|Club Needs for 2016|
|1. CLUB TECH - a program to bridge the digital divide|
Technology Program - cost $68,500
- Provide Club members with daily access to computer technology.
- Help Club members develop an understanding of how computers work, the types of opportunities they provide and their role in modern society.
- Utilize technology to support and advance Club members’ intellectual development.
- Develop Club members’ interests, skills and motivation to explore careers in science and technology.
- Use technology as a vehicle for supporting the positive development and self-identity of Club members
|2. Project Learn - targeting kids at-risk of academic failure|
Educational Enhancement Program - cost $87,000
- I-Station (Imagination-Station) online reading & comprehension proficiency improvement
- Homework help and tutoring
- High-yield learning and leisure activities
- Parent and adult involvement
- Collaboration with schools, and educational counseling services
- Academic Incentives
- Increase achievement in math, reading and other subjects
- Help children develop greater confidence in their academic abilities
- Increase school attendance rates
- Improve the quantity and quality of completed homework
- Improve rates of high school graduation
- Improve student behavior
|Triple Play Active LifeStyles – Comprehensive Youth Sports & Fitness Program -|
- Have a basic understanding of fitness and its importance, exercise and
- Learn new games and activities that support fitness.
- Stretch and exercise (strength and aerobic) at least three times per week.
- Spend leisure time engaged in sports and games that support and promote fitness.
- Have made fitness a lifestyle by age 18. Youth are fit and engage in activities and pastimes that promote a healthy and fit life.